Baseball HOF coin(s) questions...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pismo500, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Pismo500

Pismo500 Member

From what I understand, I am FAR from the only person with issues... :mad: Anyway, I have a couple of questions. (1) Has anyone actually received their coin(s) who ordered from the Mint's website or via the phone? (2) The last date (that didn't vary) I received for my order (proof dollar), which was placed 3 1/2 hrs after they originally went on sale - I waited 2 1/2 hrs to place my order, was the 16th of April. Recently, my order status became "in stock and reserved" - Is that their way of saying "who knows when/if it's going to ship"? This issue of the wildly varying dates and who knows if it will ship, amongst other things, will be one of the "black eyes" for the program. (3) On April 7th, I ordered a proof and a uncirculated half dollar. This order has an anticipated ship date of June 21 - o_O Should I say :rolleyes: to that date? Thanks for your input!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I got my Half Dollar today.

100_5077.jpg 100_5080.jpg 100_5081.jpg

4. e30kgk

e30kgk Member

I, too, placed an order for 4 proof dollars right after release, about 2:30 PM or so.

I originally had a ship date of 4/10, then 4/16. I called to cancel part of the order on 4/9 - dropped 2 of them that I was planning on trading, since they hadn't sold out, figured I wouldn't get much for them...of course, this was about 2 hours before they did sell out, haha. The representative I talked to said my order should be shipping in a couple of days.

Now I just checked again, and am seeing "2 units reserved." So, basically, no, you're not alone on this. And I'm as confused as you are.

But, hey, sweet free bag, right?

5. Pismo500

Pismo500 Member

Congrats! I'm glad someone received theirs. That gives me some hope for sooner rather than later...

6. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

US Mint is just irritating Canceled all my coins and bought the NGC 69 Opening Day Releases for my collection. May still buy some raw coins but will wait till all the hoopla is over.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

If you're seeing 'in stock and reserved' you're gonna get your coins. It may be a few days, even a week, before they ship them but you'll get them. This has been my experience and they've never welshed on me......

8. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I second green. In stock and reserved = good to go. Just have to wait... That's the hard part. :)

Ask me about holding real physical precious metals in an IRA or HSA plan.

Draft saved Draft deleted