ASE Proof 1 dollar coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by newcoinguy, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm still buying these each year from the mint. It's turned into a giant set over the years.

The 95-W was actually a free coin with the gold set, if you wanted it. For $999 you could order the gold set with or without the silver eagle. Always wonder how many folks are ticked for buying the set without the silver eagle. The mint had these ready in January of 95 and many average collectors were not ready to fork out that much to keep their sets complete. Some folks got really mad over this.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Stubborn? One post to this thread. Asked a legitimate question. Stubborn?
    Ease my pain? What pain?
    I know how it was originally issued. Any Eagle can be put into any box by any person.

5. scarroll100

scarroll100 Member

Good decision to collect the most popular coin in US History and as suggested by someone else ,sincwe you are just starting get at least two 1 or you and 1 for your son and maybe at third if there's a posasibility of someone else comming along later... I have two grandsons so i get three of all every time I buy from the US Mint ... Would suggest you check out the US Mint . gov site and reg for the subscription of the proofs and get them automatically when they come out... That's my two cents worth ,ley me hear back from tou and good luck... Grampa...PS Sounds like you have a good start just keep it going Proofs always a good investment just keep everything together Box,COA and look at them frequently you'll come to love the hobby ... I know I do love it... Grampa:thumb:

6. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

Any thoughts on what the 2 coin set is going to be when it comes out this year? Another reverse proof?

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The Mint's just a mystery. Stay tuned..........:)

I'm thinking some more reverse proofs.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

They're cheap now compared to 6-7 years ago. At that time one slabbed in PF70 was on the high side of $7,000.

Chris

9. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

I think they should make the 2013 2 coin set a 3 coin set with a regular proof as well

Draft saved Draft deleted