argentina coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by moneyer12, May 5, 2011.

1. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Beautiful rock! Great off-center coins as well!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. markcen

markcen Junior Member

Hi! I'm from Argentina.
    I love pre 1900 coins from my country. They are really nice but they are very expensive when they are well conservated

4. goossen

goossen Senior Member

I have many coins from Argentina, this one is the 1 Peso error "PROVINGIAS".

2585.jpg

5. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

hans you are to blame for my avid interest in south american coins, ever since our swap i can't get enough of them...........thanks buddy i love them

6. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Argentine coinage

Well, I couldn't get any good pics showing the doubling on my 1937 20 centavos, but I managed to get one that kinda shows it....

Here are some pics of my 1890 dos centavos, sadly it has some sort of residue on the obv..... and also I include a more modern '1860 - 1960 ' un peso, which, I think, has a very nice design. I have alot more, specifically 10 and 20 centavos from the 1920s 1930s and 1940s, but can't post them all..... just some ;)
    The last pics are of my 1937 20c with the doubled die, in the second pic you can kinda see the doubling on the star to the left of the date(far right side of photograph) and on the date itself, but it's very hard to see, this is the best pic I could manage though. I'm still working on getting a better shot with magnification to show the doubling on the date and stars.

*Most the pics were taken with the coins in flips too.

7. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Glad you liked them moneyer12! :)

8. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

i am negotiating for the coin in your avatar, i have offered the guy 2 roman bronze follis in excellent condition. my collection of south america must be approaching 1000 now,

9. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

1000 eh? Impressive.... I lost count of my collection long ago, but I doubt I have that many friom SA.

Draft saved Draft deleted