Are You A Hoarder?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Moen1305, Feb 15, 2010.

1. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

:cool: Hi Bernard, welcome to Coinaholics Anomalis.:rolling::rolling::rolling:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

Hoarder? hoarder? What makes you think I'm a HOARDER!

[​IMG]

4. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

Sorry to hear about your Mom

Sorry RD~there is still room in your chair. Wimp effort to qualify as a hoarder as you do not have to move anything to sit down.:smile

5. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Yes I would consider myself a hoarder. When I find a wheat cent or silver in circulation I usually keep it, even though I already have the date.

6. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

You can't see what I have to step over to get to the chair.
    Actually I'm in the process of clean that mess up. It may take a couple years but it will get done.

7. Pocket Change

Pocket Change Coin Collector

Agree with everything.

My "fetish" is that I'm collecting Mint Sets (because they are "cheap" and I can always cash them in for something) and eventually I want to go through them and pick the absolute best coins by date and mintmark. Then air-tite them.

Great idea. Problem is that I can never have ENOUGH mint sets.

In fact, I just contacted CT member Borgovan who does dealing. I've had good experience with him. But unfortunately I already have like five of each of the sets he's offering.

BUT I'm biting my knuckles - should I buy them from Borgovan? You'd be surprised, but sometimes you have to collect a lot of sets before you get a MS-63 in certain values/mint marks.

And once again, you're not paying much over face, so it's ok....................

Ok. I have a problem.

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Well smullen if that's the definition then I guess I am a hoarder too...

As I do "accumulate for preservation" and "in a hidden or carefully guarded place"

9. borgovan

borgovan Supporter**

Borgovan will keep his comments on this subject to himself :)

10. PFCBEGA

PFCBEGA Staff Numismatist HA.com

for me its hard not to be a hoarder. for instance i suddenly found myself with three 1853 arrows and rays quarters the other day. one is low grade the other two are high xf's/AU's. i dont try to hoard but sometimes it just happens lol

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Oh my, that sounds like a God thing. :D

I am a hoarder too but not like the sick ones you see on A&E!
    :D

12. RoslynT

RoslynT RoslynT

Hoader! Oh yes I am!

I too am a coin hoarder. I never have sold any of my coins and never plan too unless I am out on the street some day. When I upgrade I just keep the old one as a lesson to be more careful about buying.

I once purchased a harshly cleaned coin (bought it on eBay - learned a lesson there) and would never part with it because I like to use to show newbies what a problem coin looks like and to learn from my mistakes.

I also watch the A&E show Hoaders and I am not like those folks either -- but watching it has made me clean the house a little more! LOL! (If you have never seen it -- its unbelievable and is on at 10:00 PM Mondays.

My husband is a true hoarder too - he buys every Ike dollar he sees. For the most part they are pretty reasonable and he just likes the idea of having a hoard of them all his own.

Draft saved Draft deleted