Anybody prefer JM Bullion

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jamin, Sep 24, 2013.

1. spazmodic

spazmodic Member

I continue to be delighted with service from JM Bullion. Ordered a bulk of silver rounds about 10 days ago, paid by check. Usual 5 day hold, followed by next day shipping and my box load of silver arrived last night by ups in perfect condition.
    Can't ask for more, including rock bottom prices.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Steve-0

Steve-0 New Member

A quick update on the two bad shipments.

After what can only be described as a nightmare, I'm told that new and correct product is on its way. To get to this point was difficult and very irritating. I received a response from whoever it is that addresses things on their Facebook page. The email said the manager of the warehouse would be calling me as soon as they open. Well, at some time after 10:00 am Central Time (keep in mind they are on the east cost, so they have been open for hours unless they open at 11:00), I received a call from Frank. Frank wasn't to concerned about things and told me he would send me a return label and once things were received from me they would send me my correct order. I asked how it is even possible to send out the wrong metal in a shipment. Frank said he'd have to look back over video to see who packed the orders. I have to say, Frank left me feeling like I was dealing with a shady company and wondering if I'd ever see my order. He told me he was going to send me a coupon for my next order with JM Bullion (about one half of one percent of the order, REALLY?)

I did get an email from Frank and sure enough, it contained a UPS shipping label and a small coupon in relation to the value of the order. One of the pages of the attachment in Frank's email indicated that the shipment MUST be picked up by a UPS deliveryA person and it could not be dropped off at a UPS store (the statement was made in all capital letters). When I contacted UPS, I was told that I would have to pay just under $11 to have the package picked up. I sent email to Frank, a message through their Facebook page, and called the number. After lots of hold time (anyone who has ever called JM Bullion knows what I'm talking about) I'm instructed by message that they are closed for the day. After even closer inspection the UPS shipping instructions state that the shipment is from NY to PA but I live in the center of the country. To make this loooong store a bit shorter, I had to postpone a family vacation to deal with this nightmare.

The next day, I receive a call from Frank at JM Bullion. Frank is an absolutely terrible to me on the phone. He does everything in his power to try and make me feel stupid and as though it was my fault the problems exist. When I tell him I'm not about to pay $11 to ship the orders back due to the errors and lack of professionalism by JM Bullion. Frank has the audacity to tell me that the cost is on me and he "factored that into the coupon." At that point I let Frank know that I really question the legality of making me pay for shipping back their error. He continued to school me by telling me that anyone else would have just taken it to a UPS store and shipped it. When I read their disclaimer about not being allowed to take it to a UPS store for drop off, Frank didn't seem to know about that and told me that I should have known that I could just ignore that. I told Frank that I needed him to send an email stating he has the authority to override the documents sent and that I could take the shipment to a UPS store and that I would have no liability if issues arise. Frank sent an email without anything reliving me of liability. It took several emails but I finally got all of the info I needed to ship at a UPS store. I finally got to leave on vacation about 6 hours late. Thanks JM Bullion.

I received an email from Frank letting me know they received the shipment and they would be sending me my correct order. It has been a few days and I have received an emIl letting me know my package has shipped that included a tracking number. The tracking number cannot be used at this time and I'm instructed to keep waiting. I'm not sure if I consider this progress or not. I guess time will tell. At this point, I'm sure there is enough communication to hold JM Bullion liable if things do not work out well.

4. Silver411

Silver411 New Member

I am very new to collecting silver bullion as well as very new to this site I been collecting bullion about 3 months and been using JM from day one. My first order took over two weeks to receive. They claimed it was the poor weather we had that week. I received a $5 off my next purchase coupon. And waited for my silver. When it finally arrived it was in great condition and I was very pleased with the order however not the service. They are located in pa but their shipping warehouse is in Long Island? Since then iv placed 3 more ordered and they have come quickly and the quality was always good. They were a bit rude when I called to inquire about my first order though. Could anyone suggest other options via pm to me?

5. stoster38

stoster38 Member

After reading Steve-O's experience I'm glad I decided to not use them. Having good/great prices is fine but if you have horrible service, which seems to happen often with this dealer, then it's not worth it.

Whatever money Steve-O saved, when he first ordered, was more than used up by all the follow up he had to do to get a correct order. Thanks for the update Steve-O!!

6. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I didn't have a problem with them. Got mine in 2 weeks. Packaged great. Bullion looked great. Will buy from them again!

7. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I've purchased from them a couple of times and had no problems. Their communication isn't quite the same as APMEX or others I've used, but all went well and the coins arrived in a timely fashion.

8. Silver411

Silver411 New Member

well i pre ordered my ATB smokey mt coin on the 18th they said it ships on the 25th. i got some cash a friend owed me and placed a another order on the 24th and emailed jm just to let them know to ship it all together save them on shipping. today is the first and recieved my order from the 24th but not the ATB coin from the 18th i ordered with no sign of shipping........ so i decided to place my first order with apmex hopefully it will prove to be better but i did get slammed with a $22 tax fee and $10 shipping fee.

9. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I use JM primarily for ASE's. I think APMEX has a better stocked selection of silver coins. As you experienced, the APMEX shipping fee is quite high, but the coins come completely secure and packaged so well, it would take a lot to damage them.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Placed an order with these folks on the 28th of March. Hasn't yet shipped but I'm confident it will hit the door step. I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome........

11. Silver411

Silver411 New Member

Eventually the order always comes but out of the 6 times iv ordered from them twice the tracking was never provided or updated till the day of delivery and no one was home. I purposely make arrangements for someone to be home but that's difficult when you have no clue when they will arrive.

12. TomSilver

TomSilver New Member

They suck. Slow shipping, more than two weeks on credit card order, coins in poor condition on arrival with scratches and fingerprints. Some of the coins weren't even in flips but just thrown into the package. I wouldn't use them.

13. Silver411

Silver411 New Member

so i ordered my atb on 3/18 and i called two days ago and they gave me the brush off. that night uploaded tracking and took two days after that to actually be shipped and updated. still not here yet coming from cali apparently. will post condition upon arrival.

14. green18

Well, posted earlier that I placed an order on the 28th of March. The coins arrived yesterday (April 9) and I'm quite satisfied with their condition. Nothing at all to squawk about. I'm not even miffed with the two weeks time the order took to get here. I got a great deal at a fair price with no shipping charges. So what's to complain about?

15. Silver411

Silver411 New Member

some of us are new to the hobby i know i most certainly am and tend to be very excited for my orders to come in and add them to the collection, aside from that if a seller expects payment in a timely manor then us as a consumer expect our order in not only a timely manor but in the best condition possible. i also expect the same courtesy and respect i give to people to be returned when I call to inquire about a order that is over two weeks mia and a label has been printed but not shipped for days after. hmm did i mention condition? i continue to order from them because most of the orders arrive in a decent time frame the price is right, no tax, free shipping, but the condition has varied from decent to amazing. I guess consistent quality is to much to ask for?

16. green18

It's bullion fellow. I don't get too hung up on the condition as most of these things grade '67 or better (mostly better). And JM shipped my order far quicker than mintproducts.com who I've dealt with in the past for bullion purchases.

17. silverstriker

silverstriker New Member

I ordered from JM about 4 times this year. When comparing prices with APMEX, Provident Metals, Gainesville, and some other dealers, JM seemed to have the best overall prices if you pay with a check. So on price, they are one of the better dealers.

Shipping: This is hit or miss. My first order of 15 oz of silver was at my door step within 4 or 5 days (paid with a credit card). I live in Hawaii so this was pretty impressive. My second & third order took about 2 weeks (paid with a check) to arrive at my doorstep (not too bad I guess). The last order I placed took nearly a month to arrive. I ordered a tube of silver eagles and though that this would be pretty easy to fill, however, the order wasn't filled for about 3 weeks. Once the item shipped, it arrived in 3 days. One thing I do like about their shipping is that most of the time it's free of charge (if you purchase over $100 I think). So far I haven't paid any shipping for my orders at JM.

Product quality: I would say the product quality is so so. I placed an order for 5 silver eagles and noticed that each of them had finger prints on them. On a seperate occasion I puchased 5 buffalo rounds and most had some kind of finger print or scuff marks. That really pissed me off. I guess they don't wear gloves when handling products that aren't going to be sent in a sealed tube. Some would say that bullion is bullion and it doesn't matter if generic rounds/bars are handled, but I just don't like it. As for my other orders, they were in larger quantities and were either sealed or in their original mint packaging. Therefore, from now on, I will only purchase sealed items from JM.

Overall, I would rate them 6.5 - 7 out of 10, which isn't too bad. I like the free shipping and the lower prices, but I'll probably only make purchases from them if I need to place orders of 20 oz or more.

Hope this is helpful to someone out there!

18. BHPM Trader

BHPM Trader Active Member

Watch out for these guys. Lots of bad reviews on golddealerreviews.com. The good reviews are obviously written by employees of JM Bullion. In fact I think some of the new members that have posted on this very Cointalk thread are employees of JM.

19. green18

My first hand experience is that they delivered.

Draft saved Draft deleted