ANA Presents Two Awards to Our CT Member "The Penny Lady"

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by saltysam-1, Aug 25, 2013.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Congratulations are in order to Charmy Harker, the Penny Lady for her exhibit "Penny Potpourri". She took the class seven award and the Hershey Peoples Choice Award for Best Exhibit for Modern Coinage. Seeing this exhibit first hand (and also casting my vote for her) didn't surprise me what so ever when it was announced. It was an outstanding presentation and truly deserved the win. It just shows off the talent of the members here on CoinTalk, and gives national attention for a effort well done. Great Job.

mrweaseluv likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Now that I am directly competing with Charmy in collecting "penny potpourri" I am not sure if I should thank her for the inspiration, continue to be jealous, or hold off on buying that '09-S IHC I hope to buy from her to get back at her:D

Anyway coingratulations Charmy - you really are an amazing personality in our hobby.

Kasia likes this.
  4. chip

chip Novice collector

Yes, I saw the exhibit and it was very well done, I noticed in the Penny Ladys ana thread she showed some of the judges comments, and one judge did not like her posting a dollar value on some of the items.

I am not looking to get into penny exonumia, but I thought it was informative and just the type of thing that any collector would be glad to see.

I mean practically every coin magazine and website has values sections so one could get an idea of the market.

5. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Congrats Charmy !

6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

7. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

8. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Congrats Charmy! I remember her mentioning she was taking a class and learning how to do this....well earned!

9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Congrats Charmy!

10. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Big grats Charmy!

Draft saved Draft deleted