Accident

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by koen, Apr 25, 2012.

1. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Oh no, Koen was a winner of my contest a short while back. He is a great person and I'm glad to have known him. Rest easy friend...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

My condolences, I'm saddened to hear about your loss. He was a very nice person to chat with.

4. coreymon77

coreymon77 New Member

I just joined this site yesterday and, therefore, never knew or spoke to Koen, but any loss of life is a truly tragic event. My deepest condolences.

5. Numis-addict

Numis-addict Addicted to coins

His last thread was on his contest. A giving person. His last post actually, not that it makes much difference. He will be missed.

6. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

I'm deeply moved and sorry to hear this.

7. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear of this.

8. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

This is truly one horrid event to take place here. I do remember talking to Koen about his family and I remember him talking about you, Herman. From the way Koen spoke to us here on Cointalk, nobody could dislike him. Please tell his wife and kids that we (myself and the rest of us Cointalkers who knew Koen) have only good things to say about him.

He was a family man, spoke greatly of his family. A true gentleman in my books. For the some of you who may not know, Koen was a security guard who loved his job, family and life. I was never close with Koen, and exchanged a few words with him and he pretty much gave me a bio of him. I cannot find it in my inbox, so I may get the tech (flash drive) out and see if I stored it there. It was a truly heartwarming story about him and how he came to be.

I do give my best wishes and *prayers (ahem) to his family.

Koen will be a truly missed happy memory in the eyes of many CT members.

9. Stang1968

Stang1968 Member

My condolences to you and your family. From what I've read of his posts, Koen was a good-hearted guy who brought unique insight to the table. He will be missed.

10. CoinCast

CoinCast Member

I did not know him personally I enjoyed reading his posts and am saddened to lose such a wonderful member of our community.
    I am sorry for your loss and my condolences to you and his family.

11. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Herman I just heard of Koens accident , he will be missed as he was a kind and friendly Knowledgable collector . My heart goes out to you and his loved ones as well as my prayers .
    Rusty

12. Sully

Sully New Member

Always enjoyed reading his posts. He was so passionate and always so thankful to those that helped him along in his hobby of coin collecting. He will be missed. Prayers to you and all your family in your loss!

13. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Herman, Koen was also a member at www.*********************.com
    My fellow members there were saddened to hear this news, and would like me to pass along their heartfelt condolences.

I'm not sure why I can't post a link. But it is knights of the coin table .com
    But without the spaces of course.

14. Larry Moran

Larry Moran Numismatographer

A very nice post, Tyler.

My feelings, too, upon hearing of Koen's passing.
    Thanks to Herman for informing us.
    Condolences to Koen's family and friends, and CT friends.

He was also a valued member at numissociety.com.

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I am very saddened by this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of Koen's family. Please let us know if there will be an online guest book where we can add our thoughts.

Chris

16. That is very sad news. My sincere condolences to you and your family. TC

17. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

I am saddened by this news. His interest and passion for collecting could be felt in his posts. My condolences to his family.

18. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

The wit and wisdom that was Koen will be sorely missed here at CT.

Originally Posted by koen [​IMG]
    i am going to make myself a holder so i can put a coin in it.
    On the tires of my car i am going to put some sanding paper.
    Then i am going to place the holder on my car so that it hits the tire.
    I think after a drive of an hour the coin will be clean enough

19. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

So sad to hear this. We had many private discussions in the short time he was here. I will miss them.

20. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

My condolences.

21. rlspears10

rlspears10 Member

My deepest condolences to you and your family. Koen was absolutely a valued member of this forum, and his loss will be felt throughout.

If there is anything that we can do, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Draft saved Draft deleted