A sad day for Coin Talk

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GDJMSP, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

BTW, in case anyone hasn't seen this yet, we've got a section where we're going to create an archive of Clinker's best posts (there were a lot of them). Keep an eye on it, and thanks to Doug for taking up this project.

http://www.cointalk.com/f64/

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Sounds like a good idea, thank you. I just came back from a trip, and the first thing I saw here was this announcement - very sad indeed. I think that Clinker enjoyed researching his "Trivia", and I am very glad he shared them with us as long as he could.

Christian

4. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

Travel well Clinker.
    You taught me much and will be missed.

Be at peace.

5. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

Yes, it is a sad day for Coin Talk. Thanks, Doug, for bringing the news. Clinker was a selfless soul who made the world just a little bit better for others.

May peace and the blessings of God be with him, his family, and all who knew him.

6. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Very nice sir, I bet Clinker is smiling knowing his posts continue. I also want to commend Doug for his selflessness in volunteering to facilitate the posts being put onto there. Both of you deserve our thanks for this, (amongst other things here. :))

Chris

7. 213sarah

213sarah Member

We all Love You, CLINKER! I'm a newbe, but, you already know that. HUH! Your going to be missed greatly here at cointalk. You see all your friends here! Thank You! for the responses and warm welcome. You will be missed, but, not forgotten! LOVE YOU, Clinker.

8. First time I saw this thread. This is very heart breaking. Not only do I see a well respected and astute member of CU forums recently pass, an equal quality person at CT passes. I only hope that everyone absorbed as much as they can from these guys. They are the cornerstones of our hobby and deserve a ton of respect and gratitude for what they meant to the hobby.

RIP Clinker

9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

No greater honor can be bestowed on someone than to remember them fondly.

10. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I am absolutely crushed to read this. I just wish I would've been around more when Clinker was here. We've lost another great informer, but more importantly a great person and a great friend.

Goodbye Clinker.

11. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

I just found this thread after I saw the new Clinker section. Sad indeed and he will be missed. RIP Clinker.

12. ozleck77

ozleck77 Member

I'm new here. My condolence to his family. May he rest in peace.

13. biged239

biged239 Member

SAD, SAD, SAD, I have been missing from CT a couple days and come back to this very sad notice. You will and are missed now and for a long time to come. We will enjoy all that you gave us for many years. Clinker made a lot of people fill good about this hobby and the education was endless. I am sure he is on a good journey, RIP my CT friend. I Cry.
    Big Ed

14. snaz

snaz Registry fever

I'm very sad to hear, my thoughts are with his family.
    Thanks Clinker for all you've shared! I am looking forward to the "Clinker Collection" to get going.

15. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Wow to hear this is a shock , Clink you were one of a special breed who loved to share your knowledge with others . Gonna miss you brother . RIP my friend .

16. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Sadden to read this when returning after a long absence myself. He was, indeed, tireless and enthusiastic as a poster. I will miss him, indeed.

17. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yep, that's very sad indeed. I always liked reading Clinker's coin reports. See you in coin heaven sir. RIP.

18. Silverstruck4

Silverstruck4 Senior Member

Clinker may you rest in peace brother....Ill see you in heaven bro....:) ......And let's all not forget to pray for his family...

19. GoldCoinLover

GoldCoinLover Senior Member

Damn...I remember him. i hate to see people I remember and who were such great people like this pass away...

It really is saddening. My condolences go out to him and his family.

20. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

I too am sad to hear of Clinker's passing.
    May he rest in Eternal Peace.

21. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

May you rest in peace with all the books, articles and information you care to research and share with others. I believe it is something you could spend an eternity doing and love every minute doing it. Thank you for sharing the knowledge you acquired, and I appreciate all of the information that was shared here. You will be missed and may others that you've passed this information on to share it with others and mention you as the source. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted