A sad day for Coin Talk

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by GDJMSP, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I hate here this!!!
    Clinker Rest in Peace!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Sad news. I learned so much from his post.

4. wornslick

wornslick Junior Member

RIP Clinker

I am looking forward to the reposting of his writings.

5. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences to the family. We have alot of great people here. But I can't think of anyone whose presence on the forums could be more important than his.

I was also going to suggest that a section be created for his posts. A library of sorts. The information he shared here was probably deserving of its own section before he passed. But now that he's not with us anymore, I think it would be a fitting and very much deserved tribute. The idea of bringing them up and keeping them fresh in the forums sometimes is a great idea as well.

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I am very sorry to hear this. It's always sad to lose someone who has contributed so much.

7. VNeal

VNeal Member

I am new here but may he rest in peace

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Clinker was a true researcher and numismatist. I read his articles and learned something almost every time. It is sad when an internal foundation support is no longer there. My condolences to his family and hope that others in the forum can read his older posts and develop similar interests of study. RIP.

Jim

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I think I learned more from Clinker than anyone else here at CT. He was a wonderful person full on amazing knowledge loved to share it. CT will not the be the same without him. He will be missed. RIP my friend.

-Richie

10. Owle

Owle Junior Member

It is indeed a very sad day on this site, he was a true gentleman, one of those you can truly say, he would never hurt anyone's feelings. I would like to see a thread devoted to his rich scholarship so that all newcomers and those not acquainted with him, can see some of the enrichment he was responsible for. And to think he had such a handicap; how many of us cannot hold a candle to him with full dexterity?

Rest in peace, friend.

tom

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

He was such a polite and genteel person too. So unassuming and so easy to relate to. He always made you feel as though he knew you all your life. Just an amazing and outstanding gentleman........

12. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

i never met clinker but from our conversations on this forum i felt like i'd known him for years, i really looked forward to his extremely informative posts and thoroughly enjoyed reading them.........

13. Owle

Owle Junior Member

14. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

My condolences to Clinker's family, and all who grieve his passing.
    Rest in peace, sir.

LucyRay
    [SIZE=+1]THE LETTER[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]by: Thomas Bailey Aldrich (1836-1906)[/SIZE]
      • [SIZE=+2][​IMG][/SIZE] HELD his letter in my hand,
      • And even while I read
      • The lightning flashed across the land
      • The word that he was dead.
      • How strange it seemed! His living voice
      • Was speaking from the page
      • Those courteous phrases, tersely choice,
      • Light-hearted, witty, sage.
      • I wondered what it was that died!
      • The man himself was here,
      • His modesty, his scholar's pride,
      • His soul serene and clear.
      • These neither death nor time shall dim,
      • Still this sad thing must be--
      • Henceforth I may not speak to him,
      • Though he can speak to me!
    [TABLE="width: 75%"]

[TD="width: 100%, bgcolor: #c6bc9d"][SIZE=-1]"The Letter" is reprinted from THE SISTERS' TRAGEDY WITH OTHER POEMS,LYRICAL AND DRAMATIC. Thomas Bailey Aldrich. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1891.[/SIZE][/TD]
    [/TABLE]

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

It is truly sad. He was a friend. RIP Clinker I am sure you are in a better place then we are.

16. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

Very apropos, Lucyray. Thank you for posting it.

17. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

Always enjoyed reading Clinker posts. My sincere condolences go out to his family and loved ones.

18. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

May he rest in peace

20. x115

x115 Collector

rest in peace Clinker.

when I read this older thread by Clinker. http://www.cointalk.com/t187473/

I
    found it interesting , so I bought an el cazador shipwreck piece of eight before I heard this sad news.

my best wishes to his family

21. Owle

Owle Junior Member

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TD="width: 80%"]Death, be not proud (Holy Sonnet 10) [/TD]
    [TD="colspan: 2"] [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"]by John Donne [/TD]

[TD="colspan: 3"][/TD]

[TD="colspan: 2"]
    Death, be not proud, though some have called theeMighty and dreadful, for thou are not so;For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrowDie not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,And soonest our best men with thee do go,Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.Thou'art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,And poppy'or charms can make us sleep as wellAnd better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?One short sleep past, we wake eternally,And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.[/TD]
    [/TABLE]

Draft saved Draft deleted