a few coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Boga, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Boga

Boga Junior Member

I have a few coins that i want to know what they are and what they're worth if anyone can help me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

The 2 para 3 kopek coin is an interesting coin as it's a Sadagura coin, I believe it's somewhere along Romania - Moldavia. This was struck by the Russian soldiers using Turkish cannon metal. This coinage is short lived as it's struck from 1772-4.

Value wise on that coin, I believe it can be at least 50 USD (assuming if it is genuine which I think it is) as the details on the coin is really bold. I wouldn't be too suprised if it goes higher but I can't quite tell the details of the coin. Maybe posting a higher resolution may help. But please don't take my word for it as the value of Russian coins have been going crazy and it's difficult to keep up with the market trend.

The holed coin is a Greek coin and the one after it is a British penny. I'm not too sure what the arab coin is - possibly Turkish. Hope someone else can tell you a better story of what the value of those coins are.

Welcome to cointalk by the way. ;)

4. Boga

Boga Junior Member

Thanks for the answer and for the welcome :)
    I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post the link to another forum...hope i won't be banned...http://transylvanian-numismatics.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3061
    There's a bigger list of the coins that i have and a few more pics. I'm planning on selling them but i don't want to be fooled :)

5. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

The arabic coin is an Egyptian 10 para, copper, dated AH 1280 = about 1863 AD. Value in that condition less than $15.

6. Boga

Boga Junior Member

7. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

8. Boga

Boga Junior Member

thank you very much, do you know what's the value for the 1772 sadagura coin ?

Draft saved Draft deleted