A Counterfeit Henning nickel counterfeit???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Apr 14, 2014.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Interesting...good to know.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

It ended as sold. When you searched the number, it said sold. Then eBay pulled it. You get "0 results found for 131166840016" when you search the number or "page not found if you follow the link. The only way you can get those pages is if eBay pulled the item of it has expired (90+ days old). Anything the seller can do always leave the item (by link or number) as either sold or ended.

Agilmore01 likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

"
    A Counterfeit Henning nickel counterfeit???"

Is that a fake Henning?

5. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I don't think the title isn't as clear as I meant it to be.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No they sold a genuine coin as a counterfeit one.

Numismat likes this.
  7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Now that's something I would have not expected... someone selling the real deal as a CF and people tell him 'no way, it's a genuine coin' so funny :)

8. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

This happens with Mexican reales, and other coins, where contemporary counterfeits are often worth more than the genuine article.

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

One area where counterfeits are really desirable are contemporary Scottish counterfeits of the "lion" bodles in the late 1550s - because they were allegedly made by French soldiers that were stationed in Scotland to protect the country from an English invasion. Counterfeits are quite a bit scarcer than the authentic coins - the penalties for even having and passing counterfeits were severe.

I collect counterfeits - and that is about all I am going to say about that.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

We have a crazy hobby.

Draft saved Draft deleted