3rd Annual CT March Madness Contest

Discussion in 'Contests' started by wiggam007, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I'm currently in second and the person above me has no more games to win. If Kentucky wins the whole thing and Kansas beats Ohio State (the guy close behind me has Ohio State winning)...I might win this thing. I don't know how many points the a final four and championship is worth...but I am 11 points behind the leader and third place is 5 points behind me. This might be a close finish.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 2schnauzers2luv

2schnauzers2luv Junior Member

I think picking the winner correctly between Kansas and Ohio St. is worth 16 points. Picking the winner correctly between Kentucky and Louisville is also worth 16 points. Picking the National Champion is worth 32 points. I think that is how it works. But don't quote me. If green 18 sees this, he'll know.

4. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Hi Richie,

If Kentucky plays Kansas in the final and wins (my two picks), I beat you by 5. Kansas beating Ohio State is going to be a tough one. If Ohio State beats Kansas, we both lose to George. I think mathematically you are out of it to win. Sorry Buddy.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

No he won't......:)

If Wiggy see's this he'll know.

6. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

LOL, Darryl...I hadn't looked at your scores. But now that I look...I think you are right.

7. snewman

snewman Active Member

Having miraculously staying in 1st place from the beginning, I decided to do a quick study of the remaining possibilities.

Can't promise I got it all right, but I think this is what will happen.

If Kansas meets Louisville in the finals, and Louisville wins, then I hold on to first place with 208
    If Kansas meets Louisville in the finals, and Kansas wins, then Wiggam007 will win with 212
    If Kansas meets Kentucky in the finals, and Kansas wins, then Erin Fortuanato will win with 218 points
    If Kansas meets Kentucky in the finals, and Kentucky wins, then Erin Fortuanato will win with 250 points
    If Ohio State meets Louisville in the finals and Louisville wins, then George DeRose and I will tie with 208 points.
    If Ohio State meets Louisville in the finals and Ohio State wins, then George DeRose and I will tie with 208 points.
    If Ohio State meets Kentucky in the finals and Kentucky wins, then George DeRose will win with 256 points.
    If Ohio State meets Kentucky in the finals and Ohio State wins, then George DeRose will win with 224 points.

Guess who just became a Rick Pitino fan... :)

Good luck to all!

8. 2schnauzers2luv

amazing! I love it!

algebra.gif

9. wiggam007

wiggam007 Cut-Rate Parasite

Thanks for that break down Snewman!

One last update:

I couldn't find the charger for my camera so no pics of second place but it will be a fairly worn 1903 Quarter and a 1918 French 50 centimes so a little bit of silver, but nothing amazing.

Second, I will be out of town Sunday so, even though everyone should know who the winners are, I will officially announce them and get addresses on Monday.

Come on Jayhawks!

10. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

It's cool to see the different scenarios that could play out - thanks snewman.

11. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

the championship game is monday night

12. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

I realized several days ago that I'm out of it. I went with my heart and chose Mizzou. ****, even if they weren't my local team I would have picked them for the final four. If I would have gone with my brain, I would have chosen Kentucky as the national champs. And they are looking good.

13. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

14. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Agreed - but only now that Louisville has lost. :)

15. green18

I'm gone till next year.......:)

16. GreatWalrus

GreatWalrus WHEREZ MAH BUKKIT

Well, at least I got one of the two finalists correct :D

17. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Mods Rule :D :D :D Lucky really, I don't know the first thing about college basketball!

Thanks for the contest Carlton! This contest makes it much more fun to follow the tournament!

18. 2schnauzers2luv

Congrats Erin! You hung in there, hung in there and snipped us at the end. Great contest! I'll try again next year.:smile

19. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Congrats to the winners!
    Thanks for putting up the cool prizes and giving us a chance Wiggam.

20. jbyers23

jbyers23 Member

Awesome contest!!!

21. green18

Congrats to Erin and Richie, condolences to Snewman who lead most of the way, and my thanks to Wiggy for allowing me the chance to get out of the cellar este año. :) I had a lot of fun and I look forward to you hosting this contest next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted