25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set PRICE WATCH

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Everyone saved their OGP. Just crack them out and replace. It's not like a GSA.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Ya think the fatso dealers did that? :)

4. Duke Kavanaugh

:p
    I actually do think they did. As the the TPGing company's started charging for people to get their OGP returned. It seemed quite a ordeal and I wouldn't think that the average collector could bother them that much but I might be wrong.

5. Danr

Danr Numismatist

nice to have the pricewatch thread back!

6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Yes it is.

It would be interesting to view one of the up to date graphs tracking sale prices for these sets.

7. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Yep it seems the prices for everything is about the same as it was a few months ago, just a little less product out there. Ebay search turns up less then 600 results now for "25th anniversary silver eagle set" as where it had been 800-1000 ~

8. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Didn't prices peak around $1,600.00 for NGC MS/PF70 sets?

9. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Most of the NGC 70 sets i've seen are selling right around $1200 although the first few sets went for crazy money like $2K+. PCGS 70 sets going for around $1400~

10. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

It's reassuring the prices haven't dropped. I've invested around $2k for three NGC ER MS/PF70 sets, one NGC ER MS/PF69 set, the rest MS69 & one "P" 70 reverse proof.

11. Duke Kavanaugh

Being one that got some also I am glad these have not dropped much either. Just waiting for them to climb so I can trade some for some "older" coins :D

12. green18

Already traded mines fellers. Just one lonely old orphan mourning his brothers and sisters placement into other collections. He's happy to see he's still worth more than what was originally paid for, even though he remains a ******* child in OGP. He knows that the proceeds gained from such transactions went to procuring and exploring other hobby horizons and endeavors....... :)

[edit] Why the devil did they bleep that out? The term is a much recognized designation and should offend no one.....

13. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I've been buying two ASEs proof almost every year since they been minted. Cancelled my subscription this year. i'm not buying anymore unless they are special releases.
    I'm thinning out my collection because of lack of storage space.

14. green18

Build an addition........

15. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I considered that. the neighborhood has been on a steady decline since the housing bust.
    Time to get out of Dodge City.

16. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I was up late last night and caught HSN selling some 2011 25th ase sets. All ANACS slabs, all graded PF/MS 70s. Sale price per set: $2199. They had 60 sets available.

17. avr5700

avr5700 Member

'Retail' prices seem to correlate with 'reach' of the seller. If they can reach more uninformed buyers, they can charge more!

Saw a 69 NGC graded set at a local shop priced at $1400 just yesterday.

18. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"They had 60 sets available.

did they sell any of the sets?

19. Duke Kavanaugh

I'd sell mine at that price too.

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I'd sell two of my three MS/PF 70 sets

21. green18