25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set PRICE WATCH

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Oct 30, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'd never pay good money to slab eagles. It's a waste as far as I'm concerned......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alldrr5

alldrr5 Member

Just so much drama.....:hail:

If you like them raw..:yes:

If you like them slabbed...:yes:

If you liked them still sealed :)

4. Guano

Guano New Member

The premium would be for unopened sets, once you open the set three of the coins can't ever be verified as being from the set.....I gave him a like because he was kind to me so I returned the favor. Just because the packaging doesn't work for me and the way I stack silver doesn't mean I hate on others who like the packaging, I don't hate on any of you, I just hate to see people fall for hype and speculation

5. alldrr5

alldrr5 Member

As much as I love my 20th & 25th anniversary silver eagle sets (still sealed) & the keys out of both sets I purchased on the secondary market ..those reverse proofs ROCK.
    The real Sleeper is the 2006 W Gold 20th Anniversary Reverse Proof.....!!! What a wonderful coin. Wish I could afford it. Something else always seems to pop up before I spend the money on it.
    Have the 2007 10th Anniversary Platinum Set (graded 70 each...didn't keep those sealed).. PCGS. I just never seem to be able to come up with the money for that gold reverse which is the BEST.
    At the time I was able to scrape up the money to get the platinum anniversary set, platinum was worth more then gold...so you would think the Plat would be worth more now then the Gold, guess not:(.

6. alldrr5

alldrr5 Member

Sorry Guano, I think your a waste of space...right along with fatima. You both have been against this set since it came out.

Peace

7. Guano

Guano New Member

My what is a waste of space?

8. fatima

fatima Junior Member

Well bless your heart. Son, if you think I'm a waste of space, what do you think is the worth of a post where the party does nothing but whine about it? I recommend that you put your money where your mouth is, as talk is cheap. Either report me for breaking the rules and let the staff deal with it, put me on ignore if you can't emotionally deal with what I post, or best try to debate the issue in a logic manner. Your post history on this site does not indicate that you will take the latter option but I'm more than willing to be surprised.

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

10. green18

Man, someone but a burr under his saddle.........:)

11. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

12. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I see that the unopened boxes of 5 sets is still selling for over $4k on the bay. It seems like the ship date from the mint is making some difference to the potential buyers. My question is, "why"? The mint sold them out in less than 6 hours. Why does the ship date make any difference. On the good side of this one for me, I have a "Due Date" on my box of 11/9/11. It seems to be on the early end of the UPS dates, if that means anything.

13. Clint

Clint Member

I can see it now: TPG A25 MS70 ER FS SE (shipped early)

14. Guano

Guano New Member

Because one set everyone openend and looked at and played with and the other set everyone still has unopened or sent off to be graded before they opened it...there wasn't as much hype about the 20th anv set as there was the 25th and you should all know that hype kills long term collectibility.

15. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

The ship date ("due date") determines if they qualify for "early release" labels. For those who feel that is importnat, there is a slight premium. Most, but not all, had a qualifying date.

16. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

mostly that's true but the fact remains there are less 25th sets than 20th so it may be that it takes a couple years to shake out the true value.

17. Clint

Clint Member

It's been a while, so I thought I'd mention I traded a raw set to a national dealer for $700 value a few weeks ago. I'm excited about the rumored 2 ASE proof (with RP) set coming up, and wondering how that may affect 25th set values...

18. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

you traded for $700 value not cash, right?

19. Clint

Clint Member

20. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Over the weekend was on eBay buying a ASE 25th ER PF70 UC "W." Bought one for KPM Coins. (www.kpmcoins.com) Noticed the price dropped to $1,264.00 for NGC MS70/PF70 sets.
    Now I have three NGC ER MS70/PF70 sets and one MS69/PF69 sets.
    I need a "P" reverse proof NGC69 to complete a NGC69 set. However with the prices dropping I'm not sure i'm going to buy it.

Not sure it was a good investment decision to have them slabbed.

21. green18

With an incredible number of these sets being busted out for grading, I think the OGP set will be worth more in the long run.

Draft saved Draft deleted