25th Anniversary Eagle Sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by comma, Oct 20, 2011.

1. comma

comma Member

So, I have never bought anything from the mint, but I am planning on getting 5 of these sets from the mint for a friend of mine.
    They come out the 27th. Is there a list I need to get on? Does selling open up at midnight? Do I need to be a member?
    Any other info I should know?
    Just very new to this and I want to make sure I get the sets.
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Selling starts at Noon Eastern time. I would recommend going to the mint site and registering several days ahead of time using the credit card you plan on using so it will be on file (Maybe make a very small purchase just so it can get your card verified.) When the coins go on sale the website will most likely be overloaded for the first few hours and if you can get in you will probably have problems with the site timing out on you. If you are having to try and enter your credit card information during those early hours it will almost certainly time out on you. So it is better if it can just pull up your on file information.

5. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I'd also add to what Condor said. When you set up your account, select the quick checkout option. It will save a couple steps, and when their website is at a crawl it might be a life saver.

6. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I couldn't agree with Conder and d.t. more! Just let me add, get onto the website early, change pages every so often so it won't time out on you and at 11:59, get on the proper page and just keep refreshing until it opens. Good luck!

7. avr5700

avr5700 Member

Ahhhh, the famous 'Refresh DOS Attack'!

8. comma

comma Member

haha, thanks guys!

9. Daniel M. Ryan

Daniel M. Ryan New Member

They're $299 a set if I recall correctly.

10. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The last I knew, there was only speculation on what the set would cost. They haven't come out with a price yet and may not until the day before or the day of the sale. Silver has gone down, so the wait isn't helping them.

11. Daniel M. Ryan

I saw that figure on Twitter. Take it with as much salt as you think is required.

12. rickmp

13. Daniel M. Ryan

14. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

You should also read the lengthy thread in the bullion section. It is quite informative on the 25th aniversary set. It is the hottest thing since the Lincoln Chronicles Set in my opinion. I bet it sells out within a couple of days even at a price near $300.

15. comma

comma Member

Can I buy more than 5 sets if using a different card with a different billing address on the same ip address or no?

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I think they'll snag your butt with that one. Not totally sure but to be safe: Use someone else's computer......:)

17. comma

comma Member

What do you mean by "snag" haha. What would they do if you tried to use 2 different cards for 2 different orders?

18. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'm curious to know about this too. Does the Mint track IP or MAC addresses? I have two home addresses and a PO BOX. Did I mention I have three credit cards... You see what I'm thinking. :devil: Does anyone have experience in this? Please save your ethics speech, I know I'm trying to buy more than 5. I want to hold these sets for at least six months until the quick flippers are out of the game.

19. rickmp

When the P mint pucks came out, I used 2 mailing addresses and 2 cards (different name on each) and 2 billing addresses, but ordered from the same computer. I didn't have any problem at all. I think if you have 2 of the same mailing address, billing address or card name, you'll get shot down on 1.

20. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I've got different billing and shipping addresses but I obviously can't do anything about my name. There might be a middle initial vs not on one of my cards. Just looking to hear other experiences. Thanks for sharing!

21. comma

comma Member

Im really curious about this too.
    Also, I have 2 diff cards with different billing addresses but my name is the same on each...is that a no-go?

Draft saved Draft deleted