2014 Kennedy half

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Pismo500, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

I hope they go all out and have a four coin set of silver proofs. This would be the first proofs made at Philadelphia since 1964 and the first ever for Denver and West Point (I think).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Last proof made at Philadelphia was the 2005 ASE, possibly a year or two later. Last proof made at West Point was 2013 W ASE (Assuming they have made some this year already. If not then 2012. There are a couple branch mint proof 1906 D double eagles. After that there was a 1984 D proof Olympic $10.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Actually, the 2011 (P) reverse proof silver eagle is more current but I think our friend Marshall was referring to proof Kennedy's.....:)

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

US Mint is semi tight lipped on this 1.really this time Why ?? I am not sure but it could be like everything today Slow or done at last min!
    Or
    One Very nice set,all the Powerful Kennedy's are almost out of the Government??

I just hope they take in mind $$$$ and ordering service!! I know how to get the limited editions.
    This Below
    US Mint Needed to Make the 10per person/address stick!!!

6. fusiafinch

fusiafinch Member

I am looking forward to these sets and I will purchase what they finally release.

However, I think the Mint should think bigger. How about a one year redesign of the coin? How about a new reverse marking the 50th anniversary? How about a new reverse with a moon landing theme? Seems like the Mint could make a bigger splash. After this one year type, they could go back to the original design.

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

As mentioned earlier all that would require new legislation because the Sec of the Treasury won't exercise his power without getting approval from the Congress. By the time you jump through all those hoops it will probably be in the latter half of 2013. Now you need designs. That will take a while unless you want it to be a rush job. The mint typically says it takes about 30 months to do a new design from start of Legislation to coin release. They have eight to twelve.

8. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

9. Pismo500

Pismo500 Member

10. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

11. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

No, it's a Daniel Carr overstrike "fantasy coin". It was struck on an original 1964 Kennedy.

Draft saved Draft deleted