2013 West Point ASE set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by PeacePeople, May 9, 2013.

1. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

so did your's ship?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Not yet Doc. Order status still reads shipping 6/17.......

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

but today is 6/18?

5. green18

Right, but they sent me an e-mail two days ago stating that my coins were back ordered and that shipping was expected to occur on 7/2.

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

oh well sooner or later they will come :)

7. dave92029

dave92029 Member

Do the purchaser's with a ship date of 9/30 and latter still have 30 days from their date of receipt to return these orders, and thus the Final Audited numbers will still be variable until November sometime?

8. green18

I don't think it's 30 days Dave, I think it's 7........

9. dave92029

dave92029 Member

Ok then we will not know the Final Audited numbers until October sometime.

10. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got the e-mail and this....."expected to ship 3-9-2015".....BUMMER...:confused:

11. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

Are you serious!!?? That's probably a typo. Mine got upgraded from 9/30/13 to 8/8/13.

12. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Yeah, this is BS! I can understand the mint holding off minting too many of these sets, but come on, they should have had at least 200k of these sets ready to go and in the mail the day after sales ended.

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I'd prefer they get the quality right as opposed to sending out some trashy work.

14. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Well yeah, quality would be nice, but what does that have to do with a lack of planning? They could have made 200k of them months ago.

15. thejaxcollector

thejaxcollector Active Member

Just checked my account with the mint. I've received no email updates, but the shipping date has been moved up from the second week of July to next Monday. Yippee! (I think):)

16. green18

Mine still shows 6/17 as a shipping date........blast the mint for being so maddening at times.........

17. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Mine still shows 6/17 as shipping date too...

18. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

I had contacted the mint when I first ordered and they said that when they're ready to ship they'll charge your credit card. They told me that if they try to charge your card and it doesn't go through that you miss out completely. That being said, I imagine that some people must have had issues with their credit cards and there may be some extra sets that weren't sold. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they can add an additional set to my order. The answer is probably going to be "no" but it doesn't hurt to ask.

19. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

If you read this thread, you'll see at least a few people that are planning to cancel their orders. With that in mind, if the mint tells you no, you could always ask those that plan to cancel if they'd reconsider and sell their sets to you. I'm not sure if they can change the address of the order to you directly, but the logistics tend to be easy if you find somebody that is trustworthy, and I'm guessing most here are.

20. green18

Credit card not 'nicked' yet either........guess I just have to wait untill July

21. Muckdiver

Muckdiver Member

Great point!! I'm going to run with that!

Draft saved Draft deleted