2013 Teddy Roosevelt Coin & Chronicle Set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by SILVER E C-C, Dec 26, 2013.

1. SILVER E C-C

SILVER E C-C Junior Member

This 2013 (3) coin set is available at the US Mint @ $57.95 with free shipping if you order before the first of the year. I just ordered 1 set and the $4.95 shipping charge is removed when you do your final check out. This is a nice set with the Silver Coin being a little different in design than the regular Commem. coins. They are not expected to ship until March 2014, has anybody looked at this set ?

I do not know how to add a link to this page, maybe a fellow Cointalk member can help me out and add this link ~ thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Copy and paste.
    Highlight the web address then hit ctrl+c.
    Come back to where you write your post and hit ctrl+v.
    Voila, you've entered a link.

4. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

5. SILVER E C-C

Thanks Jester3681 ~ $58 is not to bad, I think that the Lincoln Coin & Chronicle set sold for $54 with shipping. There is no mintage limit on this set so I don't think that it will be a set to flip, I am in just for 1 set.

This set has that 1 silver coin that is really kind of different though, it might be worth something later in life. And with a new type of coin design the chance for mint error's go's up. :)

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I like Teddy and am interested in the set, but I will wait a year or so to get it. Many times, items issued by the Mint can be purchased at a reduced price later on.

Of the three coin and chronicles sets released so far, here are the issue prices and current average sales prices:

John Marshall -- $60/$50
    Benjamin Franklin -- $65/$35
    Abraham Lincoln -- $50/$140

As you can see, 2 of them are under the issue price, while 1 is way above.

Although the silver coin is a "first", there are so many "firsts" being minted these days I think the value of most of things that are a first has been watered down.

I like the set and will probably own it someday, but I don't love it enough to purchase it at the issue price. If I really, really wanted it, I would order it now and not worry about it.

I

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Well, the 2003 National Wildlife Refuge System Centennial Medals were issued for $29.50 directly from the mint. They typically sell for between $25-$35 in the aftermarket and the mintages were fairly low (35,000 for the Bald Eagle & 25,000 for the 3 others). That stated, I don't expect the prices for the Teddy coins and chronicles set to jump off the charts (aftermarket), but, I ordered one anyway.......:)

8. SILVER E C-C

silver-medal.jpg You know that the big sellers are all over this set, If I really like that silver coin I might try to pick that one up later in a lofty graded holder.

You know that NGC & PCGS is going to have some sort of special holder for these coins/medals.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  9. SILVER E C-C

Ship date 3/14/2014

10. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I bought one for my collection. Anybody know why the mint is so slow to ship on some coins?

11. SILVER E C-C

It might be the minting process itself taking extra time or maybe just an overload of products to produce. I plan on opening the 1 set that I ordered as keeping it is my plan not reselling it.

12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed this thread...but that silver medal looks really cool to me. Reminds me of the "classical" commemoratives the mint issued.

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I wish the Lincoln Chronicles Set was worth $140 since I own three but I'm seeing them selling for $85-$100 on the bay.

14. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I just read the Bully Pulpit and do have some interest in Teddy and also Taft after that good read. I'm thinking that they will drop in the after market and I'll wait on this one.

15. SILVER E C-C

CC Charged ~ shipped 3/18/2014

16. SILVER E C-C

In hand, this is a nice set. 001.JPG

Odieo331, Jwt708 and Chiefbullsit like this.
  17. SILVER E C-C

18. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I got mine today too. I thought it looked really good. Glad i got one.

SILVER E C-C likes this.
  19. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I just got mine today, looks like it took 14 days in-transit. Whoah !

20. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Oh I gotta check my PO box today, that would just make my day.

21. Odieo331

Odieo331 Member

Got one of these in the mail today. I like the packaging and overall look but upon close examination of the medal (setting aside for the moment any discussion on the lens scratches) I saw some odd dark pitting near Teddy's mouth... as if it's a print of him sneezing lol. Can anybody explain this? image.jpg image.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted