2012 Silver Britannia

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by FryDaddyJr, Jan 14, 2012.

1. athrose

athrose Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clint

Clint Member

4. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

And someone in 60 years will be saying the same thing about Kate Middleton if she's got the main mugshot on their coins. ;)

5. pk_boomer

pk_boomer Junior Member

Haha dream on. The only new face you will see on these in the near future is Charles, and frankly I'd rather see Lizzy than him.

6. james m. wolfe

james m. wolfe New Member

Prince Charles.jpg thank god he not on them !!!

7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

a agree, and i also happen to like the 2003 design.

2003britannia2poundoneouncesilverproofrev400.jpg

8. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

The 2009 (chariot) and 2007 (lion) are my all-time favorites, but the 2012 is quite nice also.

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Nice coins I finally picked up my 2012 this week.

10. i love these coins. Trying to find them in NGC slabs. Just got a 2009 ngc slabbed one. Awesome design. The one i like the most is the 2001

11. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

1999 are my fav.

12. EdS

EdS Member

I buy 'em when I can find them.. gorgeous coins..

13. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I bought mine back on January 13th of this year. It was bought direct from the Royal Mint, so it came in the mints' packaging. I found it difficult to remove, the way it was mounted, without damage to the cardboard container. I had to use an exacto knife to separate the two pieces of cardboard glued together for the display packaging. I didn't want to destroy it since it has all the information on it. And it's fairly attractive. IMHO.

14. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

I have the '97 proof and the 2010 and 2011 BU ones. Great coins with some of the best designs IMO. I'll be picking up the '12 proof when it becomes available. I'm hoping to put together a complete set of proofs and BU.

15. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

you'll have to take some pics and show it off when you get it done.

16. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Don't worry I will! Have you noticed a jump in britannia prices on ebay recently? All the proofs seem to be getting closer and closer to $100. I seem to remember about a year ago you could get one for $40-$50.

17. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Ya, I've noticed that $100 is the cheapest you will find them on ebay and those are for the most recent years. I finally have seen some business strike ones in the local shop. First time in about five years. I'll be honest I have only seen one proof and I can say that this is the first series that I like the proof strikes more than the business/common strikes. I would like to see in hand one of the special minted ones with gold on silver. They look hot in pictures.

18. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

How much silver is in the 20 pence britannia?

19. athrose

athrose Member

20. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

How much is shipping to the US? Is this the best way to order these is through the Royal Mint at issue price, or is there a US distribution group?

21. Silver Budha

Silver Budha Member

I just picked up a 2012 from Provident for 40.15, shiniest dang BU bullion I own and beautiful design...can't stop looking at it, highly recommended!

Draft saved Draft deleted