2012 ASE 2 piece set is scheduled!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by d.t.menace, Apr 24, 2012.

1. x115

x115 Collector

rickmp you beat me to it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

. 2012 SF Eagle set.jpg
    Still can't get one that will enlarge.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yeah, would have liked that too.......

5. x115

x115 Collector

let the pre sale flippers try to use that photo. lol

6. vonde87

vonde87 New Member

I'm wondering with the 25th anniversary taking so long to be mailed out to everyone at 100k and most the coins already being made. How long will it be til the last person gets their coins with this set that should have much bigger numbers and sounds like most will be made after the ordering is complete.

7. green18

September/October........

8. kruptimes

kruptimes Member

Whoa there partner. Please don't include me in that statement. The A25 brought me back to the hobby and I'm on record stating 5/household was crazy and unfair. I'm thrilled with this year's program and have predicted they will sell 725,000. If you are unsympathetic towards profiteers then you're missing out on all the fun. In anticipation of this new set I have bought many other ASEs to flip when all the excitement renews. If you had the insight to do the same. you too would soon be making a profit instead of making stupid. Oh and by the way I am sitting on 5 in the box.

9. green18

Yeah, but his post made me smile. A lot of folks were smarting (still smarting) over that one. I got in on the deal at around 12:10 PM. Lucky. But then again, I'm experienced at the mints way of doing business. Lots of inexperienced folks tryin' to play their hand that day........

10. kruptimes

kruptimes Member

I felt exactly like the unlucky ones on that day. What with all the posts stating they got in as early as 12:01 and I'm working 2 phones and 2 computers for hours and hours. Yeah I know how he feels. But with a little kick in the behind he may just find his way and stop feeling sorry for himself.

11. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Not the way I see it. If there's going to be a S mint RP that's a unique coin, but the regular proofs have a W mint mark and the other coin in this set will be an S minted proof. Reminiscent (to me) of the 1996-W proof SAEs that came with the gold 4 piece set. By the time people realized it was a special coin it was too late.

This is not to suggest a flipping opportunity but rather to question if there's 1 unique coin or 2

12. x115

x115 Collector

I want a shot at a PF70 for each coin. I'm guessing I would need about 5-7 sets.

13. kruptimes

kruptimes Member

I'm guessing I'll need 1-2 weeks before they show up online and CHEAP. Wait even longer and they will be selling them 2for1. IMO

14. Plainsman

Plainsman New Member

I have nothing against those trying to make a profit by flipping. I am very much in favor of free markets. I merely stated that I am unsympathetic to those who will be unable to do so this time around.

No need to call me stupid.

15. Plainsman

Plainsman New Member

I did not mean to sound like I was bitter over being unable to order an A25 set. I am not.

Inexperienced in the ways of the US Mint, I assure you, I am not.

I refuse to play the game of attempting to order on three open browsers, a land line, and a cell phone all at the same time. My time is more valuable than that. I waited until later in the day to attempt to order one set, but was too late. No big deal. I was briefly disappointed. I moved on. When I saw the secondary market prices, I passed. I moved on.

Watching all the powers that be fluster over not being able to participate in a mad scramble of a feeding frenzy over a limited rare set when this one is released makes ME smile.

16. Plainsman

Plainsman New Member

All I said was that I am appreciative that I will be able to order one of these sets without difficulty. I can assure you that I do not feel sorry for myself, and I can assure you that I do not need any sort of "kick in the behind." For me, this is a hobby, and not a competition or a means to make a profit, although I have nothing against those who do see it as a competition or rely on it for income.

17. green18

Touche and welcome to the forum........:)

18. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I don't know if anyone else has seen the coin, well one of them is here. And here's the link. I'll be getting at least one set since I've seen it and maybe I'll buy a few sets. I actually like the Walking Liberty size myself but most of the new collectors weren't around when silver was in circulation. :D Dang link, hope it works! :rolleyes:

http://www.coinnews.net/2012/04/27/2012-american-silver-eagle-san-francisco-two-coin-proof-set/

http://us.mc1810.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.partner=sbc&.gx=1&.tm=1335548082&.rand=eu0ikid2eck65#1

Attached Files:

19. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

"well one of them is here"
    No, it's not. Yours is a pick of 2011 RP.

20. kruptimes

kruptimes Member

OK, so your OP has to be explained in 3 replies. I'm cool with that.

But I'm not cool with your prejudicial comments against a certain group and not owning up to it.

I'll call that Touche with my Checkmate. :smile

Welcome to the community, Plainsman

21. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

After seeing this pic, I'm getting 3 sets. That reverse proof is smooooooooooooth.

Draft saved Draft deleted