2012 ASE 2 piece set is scheduled!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by d.t.menace, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Id like to see them mint these sets with all the older coins not just the walkers dateing back to the 1700s.
    Do them one each year and make them so every collector that wants them to be able to buy them.
    How cool would it be to own a coin with a morgan face or a flowing hair silver dollar and be able to collect them in a set of silver.
    Would you buy the complete set one each year if it was offered?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I'd like to see a silver Indian/buffalo.

4. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

I couldn't agree more. The 2008 American Buffalo fractional gold set sold way less than it's mintage limit. For some reason, only 9,000 sets were sold and it is now worth 3-4X the issue price.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Really? I think I may have bought one of those........gotta check. :)

6. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

With the price of silver dropping like a lead baloon, I wonder how it will impact the sales price on these babies. Could we be looking at $99.99 for the set? I know it is wishful thinking on my part but silver could be less than $25/oz by the end of the month at this rate.

7. rickmp

If it comes in for under a C-note, I'm in for 20 sets.

8. Clint

Clint Member

I appreciate the sentiment, however I'd also like to know why...would the currently perceived fundamentals change if the offering price adjusts to a lower silver price? Just curious!

9. rickmp

Because I'm limited to $2K to spend on this issue. I think there may be more profit if I hold them for more than 1 year.

10. x115

x115 Collector

11. Tyco

Tyco Member

Does anyone know when the price of this set will be released?

12. rickmp

Probably the week before sales begin.

13. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Yes, I'm in for more if the price drops to the low 100's. It could be the winner of the year at that price.

14. luke2012

luke2012 New Member

If this set has a mintage of below the average proof Eagle even as high as 600k i think it will still hold a premium. Plus since you get two unique coins instead of one, the premium per coin would not have to be as high for a person to make a profit on this set. That being said, if the big Shop at home types over buy we could be looking at a mintage so high that this set could be reduced to overpriced bullion.

15. holz

holz holz

I can't see them selling this set for less then 2 times the proof eagle which is still $59.95.

16. Clint

Clint Member

Agreed. At first announcement I called $134.99 Sure would be happy the lower it is...

17. thecointrader

thecointrader Lurking Since 2006

I can see the secondary ads now:

"...and this certified set has been slabbed in the RARE NON-FIRST-STRIKE non-Early-Release holder."

Or...

"... (TPG) has issued these scarce 'LAST OF THE RELEASE' labels for coins which missed the (TPG) early grading deadline only because these were the last coins minted before this set was discontinued, NEVER TO BE SOLD AGAIN AT ANY PRICE!"

Re-sellers will always have an angle.

-thecointrader

18. luke2012

luke2012 New Member

Do you know what would be funny? If once the sales reached 250k they said "Sorry due to unexpected demand we will not be taking anymore orders" :devil:
    I am trying to decide if im going with three or five sets on the first day.:thumb: Im probably going to leave them sealed and buy more later in the month if we are still
    havent breached 400k sales.

19. x115

x115 Collector

20. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I will have to see the numbers after the first week before I decide- I will buy at least one though

Draft saved Draft deleted