2007 p dime droken die?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by ezmonie4, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ezmonie4

ezmonie4 New Member

my dad found this last night wondering how good a find this is. thanks for any info. IMG_20120307_002745.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ezmonie4

ezmonie4 New Member

this seems to be a fairly busted up one from the research i have done. has cracks going many directions. i would say die changed not long after this went thru.

4. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

This does look like it may be from a shattered die from looking at your photos but it is probably just dried glue on the coin. If this is not dried glue and really is die breaks this coin would be worth quite a bit, but how much I'm not sure.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Looks like it. I have seen a couple other pieces like that.

6. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Looks like a good find to me. I borrowed your pic and cropped it. You can see a little better what's going on with it.

Attached Files:

7. mikediamond

mikediamond Coin Collector

This is one of at least eight shattered obverse (anvil) dies known among 2007-P dimes. There are several stages in the breakdown of this particular die. If you can believe it, this is one of the earlier stages. It's a very nice error.

8. ezmonie4

ezmonie4 New Member

yes this is infact one of at least 8 i see 2 more in a simaler post but they were ms66 so they are perfect this one has been around, they were on ed weinburgs coins or something and was asking 750 for pair. i knew it was a pretty good find when i seen it . and it def the same dies that made his coins. pretty exciting to find something worth a lil money.

9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Draft saved Draft deleted