1992 D Close AM

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by cafe, Nov 6, 2010.

1. cafe

cafe Junior Member

:) First one of the Ds but found several of 1992 P!! grin grin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GeekMan

GeekMan New Member

Looks WAM to me, I save all CAM/WAM varieties and, the M is too centered on this coin to constitute a CAM variety. CAM is noted with the bottom of the AM touching to the naked eye and not when placed under magnification.

4. cafe

cafe Junior Member

take a look at photobucket cafe41041 for a better view

5. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Just wondering which are which? The good ones I think are:
    92 close AM
    93 P-D-S wide AM
    98 wide AM
    99 wide AM
    00 wide AM

which mints are these?
    and I see 94-current wide AM. I've been looking and looking on the internet, not a lot of this info in one place that I can find yet. Thanks for the help!

6. cafe

cafe Junior Member

Question-Lincoln Pennies

Am a rookie but it is my understanding that 1992 was the last year for business strike wide AM so a close AM is highly desired. I think maybe a few more Ds have been found than the P. I think maybe 4 Ps have been found bringing about $5000 in auction grade dependent. Found this info at http://hermes.csd.net/~coneca/. After 1992 they went to a close AM on business strike so a wide AM on business strike is desired. We have found 1998, 1999, and 2000 with the 1999 fetching the most money. The proof reverse is supposed to be a wide AM so a proof coin with a close AM is highly desired. They struck some proofs with a business strike reverse and some business strikes with a proof reverse. I only know of the 98, 99, 00 but I suppose one could find a 1993,4,5,6,7 wide AM. Also, I only know of P mint but one might find D mints as well. I'm thinking the S mints are only proof coins? Hopefully, some with more info will reply as well because we only started looking at the 1992 P/D after reading an article in Coin World. Hard to chase info out if you are not an expert. Hope this helps!

7. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

1992 Lincoln Cent Photograph -

DSC00046-1.jpg securedownload 1992 dbl die.jpg 131-1 1992 dbl die lincoln cent 2.jpg 139-1.jpg 1992 Lincoln Cent Photograph on my photobucket.
    101-1 1922 double die obverse.jpg

8. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

The way I look it's a close AM.. congrats...

9. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

The current ANACS population report lists 7.

10. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

That's a great find. Still looking for mine. lol

11. mit26chell

mit26chell New Member

Im confused.. how close does the A need to be to the M? Even in that real example on that site I can't tell any difference int he lettering, lol.

Does anyone have a real example? And is it just on the 1992 D's?

12. mit26chell

mit26chell New Member

Ok I dont get it. Im holding an 06' penny where the A and M are visibly connected, but no other letters are.

13. mit26chell

mit26chell New Member

so is this completely normal on an 06?

2010-11-13 13.09.07_Atlanta_Georgia_US.jpg 2010-11-13 13.08.45_Atlanta_Georgia_US.jpg

14. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

15. mit26chell

mit26chell New Member

Im such an idiot. A few minutes and 30 close 'AM' pennies later, I realized I wasn't quire grasping something. I'll check out those sites. I have quite a few slabbed DCAM 92 pennies but unfortunately that makes them S-mint ;(

16. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

WOW! From the pics it looks like a CLAM to me! Congrats!

The grade would be in the EF range IMO....definately not an MS coin. It doesn't matter a whole lot because it's still a very rare coin. If sold, it would surely fetch 4 figures.

17. Socom

Socom New Member

Nice Example for a 1992-D Close "AM" (CAM)

Thought I would share with the Forum:

Attached Files:

18. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

That is really cool ! Still searching for mine. Going through so many boxes that I am worried about finding a dump for them. I hate to take too many at once to the same bank.

gary

19. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

YUM! Amazing coin!

Draft saved Draft deleted