1978 Dime reverse error, what is it?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by ccgold, Jul 1, 2012.

1. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

That is outright thievery if you ask me. That coin appears to have been a piece of plated jewelry, worth just a single dime. PCGS should hang their head in shame.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ccgold

ccgold New Member

When I called PCGS I got a very nice woman in customer service, no help though. She said the "graders" were in a secure room and there was no one else to talk to.

4. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

That's probably solder covering the copper edge.

5. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

So the person that unpacked it should have just sent it back without sending to have it examined? The attributors don't work for free you know. You can't expect them to take the time to examine it properly and then just send it back and not charge a fee. That's just totally unrealistic.

I know it's too late now but what the OP should have done was send it to Coneca first for their opinion. He would have gotten off a lot cheaper.

6. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

bingo!!!!!

7. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Another dream of riches beyond belief down the tubes.

8. JSB76

JSB76 New Member

If anyone can help I found a dime just like that

9. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Best help I can give is to post it in its own thread with photos.

10. JSB76

JSB76 New Member

11. JSB76

JSB76 New Member

12. JSB76

JSB76 New Member

This is the dime I've got I seen another one on here just curious if anyone knew anything about it

13. JSB76

JSB76 New Member

Attached Files:

14. rekcorydooh

rekcorydooh New Member

very sorry im very new to this but i have a question about 1978 dime (and alot of other questions) but i found this and i took a very close pic and it looks like another word starts under trust lol cant figure out how to post a pic

Draft saved Draft deleted