1968 d penny that lincoln looks more raised on then a regual 1968 penny.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by StephanieAnkner, Nov 10, 2011.

1. StephanieAnkner

StephanieAnkner New Member

Hello,
    Hi I am so new to this whole coin thing. I always kept coins that I found , had or got because I thought they looked weird of some sort ot just because they were old or of course with digits ending 77 (my favorite number). I have no idea what to look for or what is worth anything at this point , but I am here and I am trying to learn and discover if anything I have is worth anything. Regardless I will keep them as I already have a connection this long to them ha ha..
    Here is one for example, I do have S pennies not sure if they are worth anything though. One day I am gonna seperate d and s piles of pennies.
    OK here is one... now in this picture the regular 1968 might look just as embossed or raised as the D one but its not when you feel and look in person. Does anyone know what the history is on this and if its worht anything?
    Thanks a bunch :) 1968 D penny50percent.jpg close up 1968 D50percent.jpg good shot 1968 D50percent.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. StephanieAnkner

StephanieAnkner New Member

ps..............look at the difference in the chin, forgot to mention that above in the comment

4. Xavier H.

Xavier H. New Member

I have a 1968 d penny. It looks like Lincoln is raised and his chin is a bit bigger if that makes any sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
  5. Dannythecholo

Dannythecholo New Member

Does anyone know if this penny is worth anything? Besides face value?

6. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Just a normal cent.

7. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

It would help in the future if you would take 1 pic of each coin and crop out all background, then select full image when you post it will help us give you a better opinion Never mind old thread. IMO
    Dave

8. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Weak strike vs. full strike and/OR early stage die vs. late stage die strike.
    Reed and Sparkles the Unicorn.

Draft saved Draft deleted