1960 Proof Quarter DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JPAUL, May 5, 2012.

1. JPAUL

JPAUL Member

1960 Proof Reverse.jpg Hey guys i no the cellophane is dirty but there is a ddr underneath all the haze i think? Can someone take a look at the obverse there is a light faint brown stain on the right side of the quarter near the rim. 1960 Proof Reverse-Q.JPG 1960 Proof Quarter Obverse.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JPAUL

JPAUL Member

The lights are finally start to come on, i have new photos of this proof please take a look and let me know if i am on the right track. 1960 Proof Rev..jpg 1960 Proof United.JPG 1960 Proof America.jpg

4. DoubleDie

DoubleDie Senior Member

I don't see any doubled features. The mirror finish of proofs can trick the eye, but it does appear to have some strike doubling.

5. JPAUL

JPAUL Member

Take a look at this photo of quarter please look at the A 1960 Quart.JPG 1960 Quarter.JPG in quarter and you will see two peaks,i know the cellophane is real dirty.

6. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

from what i have gathered in the years of being on this forum, a true DDO/DDR will have the entire word doubled vice have a partial letters in the word. (Hopefully my hunch is correct here). If you think it;s a true DDR then take it and get it graded. Let us know what you plan on doing

7. JPAUL

JPAUL Member

I will let you guys know but first i have to determin which ones to send in to be graded i have lots of proof and mint sets to look at along with other coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted