1936 Canadian Dot Penny!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by disneyteddies, Jan 1, 2010.

1. disneyteddies

disneyteddies Junior Member

Now that I have your attention...LoL!

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this forum but I post on dozens of other comic book and collectible related sites.

I actually collect a few things (comic books) I have 22,000 from the eighties and below...golden, silver, atomic and copper.

I've been a rock drummer for thirty years now and love to collect certain items.

I also have a website helping collectors find what it is they collect called:

www.youcollectweconnect.com

I have recently found my old coin collection and have been looking through it to see if I had anything that would be considered more rare than the average coin. I don't have much, mostly penny, five cent, ten cent, and twenty five cent Canadian coins as well as a bunch of old late 1800's half pennies and pennies and some weird coins I've yet to research.

I've recently heard of a 1936 Canadian dot penny so I decided to see if I had one in my collection. (I know, they are very rare like and Action Comics #1) but I did find two 1936 pennies and one "looks" a little like it might have a small dot (probably not but I'm still going to check it out).

Anyways that's me, guess I'll see you on the boards everybody!

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. snaz

snaz Registry fever

4. CC20gold

CC20gold Junior Member

I wish I had a 1921 Canadian 50 cent piece, along with a 1936 dot cent. Only about 75 or so 1921 50c exist. The vast majority of 1921's were melted in 1929, along with a part of the 1920 mintage by the Ottawa Mint (RCM).

5. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Yeah. They are both dream coins, that's for sure. There's also a 1921 half inthe same auction as that 1936 DOT, I think the 21 half is MS66

6. CC20gold

CC20gold Junior Member

Wow...an MS66 1921 half? That's going to bring a high price. Way too rich for my blood :(

My 1921 is reproduction proof that looks fairly decent, but it is still not a real 1921.

I am still missing the 1947 ML, curved 7 50 cent from my collection. That is the expensive one of the 4 1947 50 cent variants I do believe. I think it will be a incomplete date set for quite a while...lol.

7. swhuck

swhuck Junior Member

There was also a 1936 dot ten cent in this auction. The cent brought a record price -- over $400,000 USD.

8. disneyteddies

Niceeeee. Didn't really think mine was one but ya gotta check right??!

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Interestingly you picture does seem to show a dot. It is about the right size, but appears to be a little left of where it should be.

10. disneyteddies

Yeah Condor, there is something there but it is a little off center...I'm still going to get it looked at when I find the time.

Anyone know if the 36' dots were all on center or just close to the middle?

Any pic's I've found so far seem to be in the middle but if there's only four or so around maybe it's not impossible that some were a little off center...or someone maybe tried to manufacture this one. I doubt the latter because it's been in my possesion for about 30 odd years and I don't think there was a high amount of counterfeits back then (and it wasn't worth what it is today also).

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

There are only four of them known and I believe they all came from the same die (I know at least three of them did) so the dot placement would be the same on all of them.

12. disneyteddies

Not telling me what I want to hear Conder...LoL!

Draft saved Draft deleted