1934a $100 Keeper?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jensenbay, Apr 17, 2014.

1. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I picked this up at a bank today. The teller was checking for something else and I saw it in the envelope with the rejects. He thought it may be fake. Looks good to me it's just old. It didn't sound like he had seen older notes before. I have found many teller have little knowledge of the materials they handle every day. Anyway, I don't think the condition warrants a premium. What do you think? No marking on the back BTW. Ignore the $1.

img096.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

Your call, you ever going to see another? Star, who cares.

4. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

The OP is talking about the 1934 $100, and said to ignore the $1.

It's a common note with writing on it, but it has value over $100. The lack of limey-ness, means you'll only break even if you sell it online over eBay, because of fees.

5. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder!

Always go with what you like and do not worry about the opinions of others (so to speak). Currency collecting is not always about profit!

If it speaks to you...then talk back to it.
    :)

saltysam-1 likes this.
  6. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

No premium of note, it's alot of face value tie up BUT if you have the means and like it then by all means collect it. If $100 is a lot of money to you, don't keep it. If $100 is what you spend on dinner some nights a week, keep it.

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

It is the sort of thing I keep as "emergency" money. I wouldn't spend it unless I had to. Sort of an insurance policy that is self funded.

8. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. What I was thinking, for the most part. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I think It will go into the "emergency fund".

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I think that's a good choice. You didn't hit the jackpot...but it's a cool find. If you don't need the $100, then hang onto the note and enjoy it. You only have face value invested, and it will always be worth that. If you need the money later, you can always spend it.

10. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

If I could afford it I would keep it. I have a 1950 $10 that I keep.

Draft saved Draft deleted