1922 Peace doubled edge reeding?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by silentnviolent, Dec 29, 2013.

1. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Bromo?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jral1

Jral1 Member

That not why your felling queazy must be something else...lol

4. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

Some pepto-bismol (or the ignore button) would work wonders for me... :D

BUncirculated likes this.
  5. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Acutally I would call it a detatched/pinched off finning stuck into the rim of second coin.

6. non_cents

You can call it whatever you want, you're still wrong.

7. Jral1

Jral1 Member

whats stopping you?

You keep calling it common and your not really sure how it happens some say this some say that bla.

8. non_cents

Lol, talk about the pot calling the kettle back! Who said that I'm not really sure how it happens?
    Collar die clashes with other dies. Other dies strike coins. It's a collar clash. What's not to get? There is no inconsistency in that explanation.

9. Jral1

Jral1 Member

10. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Not this one nore most of them but what it can happen like the reason you came up with I suppose if in fact you d come up with it. I know silent has come up with that on this coin. The way i have explained is a possiblilty and explains why the die usually appears misAligned since the small piece of the finned rim causes the die to slip to one side a couple bits. Some of the ones i have infront of me right even have a weird surface luster/texture like the die slipped as it was striking the coin or something.Look close and consult with the experrts if you need to. 1971 d railroad rim with slight doubling.jpg

11. Jral1

Jral1 Member

here is the original. takin moments ago. 43 001.jpg

12. Jral1

Jral1 Member

13. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

jral1 you need to stop this nonsense , the dime is stuck with a sightly misalinged die and totally different than a collar clash

14. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Just so everyone knows, expressing theories and possibilities of various numismatic phenomena is an accepted part of reasonable discussion on the forum. I try to give all leeway to those who may not understand basic facts such as the mint process ,and error or variety formation, etc., in hopes that they learn from all of our members. When activities seem to produce more problems in education, some members are asked to normalize or reference their claims. Most adapt and are members who research to become more knowledgeable and participate in this endeavor. Sometimes, one might find that it is too much ( for whatever reason) to learn and refuses to see what is possible and what is not , or just uses the forum for their own amusement. I am sorry the OP on the Peace dollar was driven this direction, and hope this doesn't happen often.
    Jim

15. non_cents

EDITED: not really worth my time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  16. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

a lot has happened here since I went to work. :)

Back on topic, looks like my membership was Ok'd at vamworld so I'll see what is said and if they like my photos :)

17. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

your coin may even turn out to be one of the more scarce VAMS . sometimes a person can have a lucky streak.

BUncirculated and silentnviolent like this.
  18. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

VAMs I think are cool, but something I haven't really geeked out on...yet. Cool find silentnviolent.

BUncirculated and silentnviolent like this.
  19. silentnviolent

it can't be all too common if it was just discovered in 2012... That's what I would think anyway.

20. AWORDCREATED

AWORDCREATED Hardly Noticeable

Ya know .... if you took desert gems avatar, blacked off the fingers, rotated it CW just a tad, squeezed it a bit horizontally, and did some coloration, you could get ... take a guess :D

21. silentnviolent

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted