1880 - S MORGAN DOLLAR. WHAT'S IT WORTH?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by coins776, Mar 12, 2014.

1. coins776

coins776 no title

5j.jpg 5l.jpg what's it worth?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

In that condition, I would say around $20-22. My dealer pays a little more than melt for these and then sells them between $23-25 depending on what silver is at for the day.

4. Mkman123

Mkman123 Well-Known Member

probably 22+ .

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

The coin is worth melt...these are the easiest Morgans to find in BU with amazing strikes.

6. Mkman123

camarodmd, the thing is morgans don't sell for melt, as they hold a numis value. I saw members here selling out of morgans/peace for 23-25 quickly. If you can find morgans or peace for melt (16.50) please let me know so I can take out a loan and buy thousands and flip them :D

7. CamaroDMD

I have owned hundreds of Morgans...yes, even cull sell for more than melt. But, that's retail. If you throw this coin up on eBay you will get a few dollars over melt but you will be lucky to sell it for more than melt to a dealer. That's why I said melt. The 1880-S is the most common Morgan Dollar in high grade...no exceptions. They are almost hard to find circulated like this coin. This coin has minimal collector value as a result.

8. Mkman123

Ok gotcha, to some dealers maybe its worth melt but to many of us here and to some dealers, they do go for more. Their is a dealer that posts on the local craigslist ad that pays 21+ right now, not bad. I think morgans and peace are great especially circulated.......makes me wonder what the person bought with this back then :)

9. CamaroDMD

Part of this too is silver is down right now. Eventually, it will work it's way back up...once it gets back into the mid $20s, you will no longer see a premium for these coins.

10. coinwarrior728

coinwarrior728 New Member

Cleaned, details grade (low)

Draft saved Draft deleted