188? cap and ray 8 real

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by enochian, Apr 15, 2014.

1. enochian

enochian silver eater

Heres the story. Last week at coin club i had a small wad of money the member next to me showed me a box of coins that he had that he was selling because he didnt know much aboutthem and they didnt fit in his collection. Ithink they were passed down to him along time ago.

I liked the date on the 8 real. Amd i was kinda aware of the 1780. He said he thaught they were about half a oz of silver. So he said hed take $10 a piece. I also baught a token from my town for $1. And a tresuery bond finasse medel 1941-1945 for $1. he didnt. Know what it was made out of. I grabed it because i liked the design. After reserch i found out this is silver as well

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. enochian

enochian silver eater

No one has answered my questions yet

4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Well, I did answer the question about the 1880 -- it is worth the same as most of the others, Fine is $15, Very Fine is $18, Extremely Fine is $22. This series was 0.7859 Troy ounce of silver. Bullion price changes since this 6th Edition may have influenced the price up or down 10% or so.

There are 6 varieties of 1886, all cataloging $15 to $18 in very fine, $22 to $25 in extremely fine. An 1888 is about the same as the 1880 in value.

5. enochian

enochian silver eater

so $10 wasent bad ideal on grade? also is there a web site i can learn more about these like mintages mints and varietys

6. doug444

Buy the huge Krause catalog for the 19th Century, that's a good general guide for all the foreign coins of the 1800s, 1300 pages. It does not, however, take the place of specialized catalogs for individual countries. Krause tells me enough to pounce or pass.;)

7. enochian

enochian silver eater

i have krause on my pc i dislike it thanks for the info tho

8. doug444

Out of curiosity, why don't you like it?

9. enochian

enochian silver eater

to much info on stuff i dont collect its black and whitei like seeing what a coin realy looks like

Draft saved Draft deleted