1776-1976

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by glen_brdy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. glen_brdy

glen_brdy New Member

My coin has no d on it but has a r on the neck above the we on the back it has a bildin and under it say independence hall on the left side say 200 years of freedom on the write it has e and pluribus unum but the u is write under the l has 13 stares above the half dollar.....
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Sounds like an ordinary Bicentennial Half. Am I missing something? Please post photos if you have something out of the ordinary.
  4. AdamL

AdamL Likes Silver

They made 1976 coins that were dual dated to commemorate the U.S.A.'s bicentennial. They made tons of them, so they're very common, and generally only worth face value.
    Welcome to cointalk!
  5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney New Member

A little bit of grammar education goes a long way. Or just try to use coherent sentences, at least.
  6. Kasia

Kasia Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Yeah. Aside from trying to figure out where to end each thought, I had to really think what a "bildin" was. It helped when I realized he was talking about Independence Hall.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball Cannot Re-Member

if yew haf tim post pitchers pleeze r on nek cud be worth big buks
  8. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

I think the best way to assist us in understanding what it is you are trying to explain, is to post a couple of photo's of your coin. Welcome to the Forums.
  9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney New Member

Well, there was no question asked. I think he was simply telling us what a bicentennial half dollar looks like. Just a little bit of very hard to read information.
  10. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

Quite possibly.
  11. mammoth29

mammoth29 Active Member

LMAO!!! I still had no idea what "bildin" meant until I read your reply! Wow, I am not all here today :)
  12. AdamL

AdamL Likes Silver

True. But maybe English isn't this posters first language. Or he just uses poor grammar. So what? Most of us are here to help. So if someone is seeking information about a coin they have, they should be able to get it here. No need to turn the whole thread into picking apart someone's post for grammar and spelling errors.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney New Member

Ok, you could be right. But most languages have sentences, commas, and periods. I'm just saying, it could help to read it with some punctuation.
  14. scarroll100

scarroll100 Member

Wow! look at all the excitment over the "bildin" I too didn't understand until I read further and finally it hit me he meant bulding oh well... I'm terrable at spelling and punctuation but use as best as I can...this guy must be from West Va.. Wow! Anyway I too have several rolls for sale unsearched by me for sale at $25 ea roll ... Good price for coins just lying around in storage for years don't know cond , you are buying as I did unknown but hopfully all in good or better shape ... Lots made but not so much as easy to find as a few years ago...Edited , B/S/T offers only in classified areas after 10 posts. Scott (Grampa):)
  15. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, JUST MAYBE, English is the OP's second language?

Yes it could, but as stated, if English is the OP's second language, they're not well versed on proper grammar or punctuation.

Cut the guy some slack!
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney New Member

Well it's a little late on this one, since those comments were from April. However, I doubt he used an online translator. The misspelling of the word "building" wouldn't happen, and using "write" for "right" wouldn't have happened. I suppose English could have been a learned 2nd language from a while back, and the OP was drawing on old knowledge to try to translate.
    But I kind of doubt it. He's asking about a US coin, which would suggest he's in the US. And if he doesn't speak English, Spanish would be the other likely choice. And Spanish has a very similar structure to English.

You can't sell things outside of the Classifieds forum. And also, $25/roll is about $15 more than they're worth. Bicentennials are the highest mintage halves, and are very readily available. Even in BU you aren't talking much of a premium.
    Edited. someone might take you up.
  17. BUncirculated

Mi moneda no tiene d en él, pero tiene ar en el cuello por encima de la que en la parte posterior tiene un bildin y debajo de ella dice el Independence Hall en el lado izquierdo decir 200 años de la libertad en la escritura que tiene unum e pluribus y la u pero es escribir bajo la l tiene 13 miradas por encima del medio dólar .....

Meine Medaille hat keine d auf sie hat aber ar am Hals über den wir auf der Rückseite hat es eine bildin und unter seiner Unabhängigkeit Halle auf der linken Seite sagen, sagen, 200 Jahre Freiheit auf dem Schreiben hat e und pluribus unum aber die u wird unter dem l schreiben hat 13 starrt über dem halben Dollar .....

Ma pièce n'a pas d mais a déjà un ar sur le cou au-dessus du nous sur le dos, il a une bildin et sous le disent hall d'indépendance sur le côté gauche soit 200 ans de liberté sur l'écriture qu'il a unum e pluribus et mais l'u est d'écrire sous la l a 13 regards au-dessus du demi-dollar .....

Yeaher! I see the similarities!
  18. rickmp

rickmp USDA PRIME

I would think that all languages have grammar and punctuation rules.
  19. BUncirculated

You're absolutely correct.

However, how versed are you in grammar and punctuation rules of a language you don't use everyday, or use it as a second language?
  20. rickmp

rickmp USDA PRIME

Not very. However, not much difference in them between languages.
  21. BUncirculated

You would be surprised on the difference.