$100 Star Note - Is it worth holding onto?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by furryfrog02, Apr 22, 2014.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am not much of a currency guy, I only have a few silver certificates and a few star notes to my name. I got this one back after dumping my coins last week. It is the first $100 star note I have seen. I looked up the serial number on http://mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup and it says that it is from a run size of 3.2 million and 3.9 total printed. I was just wondering if it was something worth holding onto or would I be better off putting it back into my CRH funds? I'm guessing it is the latter ;) Thanks for looking!

$100 Star Note.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

4. furryfrog02

That's the link I used...But thanks anyways...?
    I'm going to assume that since it is in a high print run that it is a spender.

5. coingeek12

oh sorry, :shifty:. LOL, maybei should read the whole thing next time...

6. furryfrog02

Might be helpful... ;)

NOS likes this.
  7. coingeek12

BTW, the second list is for the rarity of the notes. red is rare, yellow uncommen, clear is common, so yes, its a spender.

8. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

It seems to me that with this new design...everyone and their brother is holding onto these notes. As a result, there are a ton available (in very high gem state)...which means they aren't really worth much. If you like it and want to hang onto it, go ahead. But, I don't see a lot of value over face here. I'd much rather invest $100 into my collection than save a $100 note like this.

9. furryfrog02

Yeah, I've decided to roll it back into my CRH'ing fund. $100 is too much to take out of the mix for me unless it is something uncommon.

Draft saved Draft deleted