Question #16: What was the last series of US paper money issued with the Latin motto Treasury Seal?
Answer #16: Series 1963B $1.00.
Duke Kavanaugh 1
Question #17: What was the last day that large size US paper money was printed?
Bonus Question: What was the first day of issue of the small size National Bank notes?
Deadline for answering is Friday May 25, 2012 at 8:00pm Central Time.
1. The contest will consist of a series of 20 questions about the BEP and its history.
2. One question will be posted at a time and run for five days. The closing date and time will be listed with the question.
3. Answers must be private messaged to me prior to the deadline. Answers received after the deadline will not be counted. Please do not answer on the board.
4. The correct answer will be posted when the time for answering has expired.
5. The person who answers the most questions correctly will win the first prize consisting of (1) the Durst reprint of the BEP Centennial book, (2) a CD-Rom of the Pick Catalog of World Paper Money Modern Issues and (3) a $2.00 note from the BEP 2008 series. Second prize will be the same without the Durst reprint book. Third prize will only be a $2.00 note from the BEP 2008 series.
6. If there is a tie at the end, the prize will go to the person who answered the first question correctly in the least amount of time.
7. I am the sole judge as to interpretation of the rules and whether an answer is correct.
Read more: BEP Trivia #12